Downtown Luray, Page County
One of the things we have learned from COVID-19 is how capable employees in specific occupations are of working away from the office. While working from home has its perks, it’s not uncommon to want a more defined work space – not necessarily a traditional office setup, but a space designed for productivity that lets you engage in your preferred amount of collaboration.
The Shenandoah Valley is home to several coworking and remote work spaces. These spaces exist alongside rural culture, local food and flavor, and outdoor recreational assets ideal for establishing your roots as a young professional or young family.
|Opportunity||Location||Why this Space|
|143 CoWork||143 N. Wayne Avenue, Waynesboro, VA 22980||Located in downtown Waynesboro, 143 CoWork offers a safe, productive, inclusive environment for entrepreneurs, remote workers, community professionals, and citizens to work, network, grow as individuals and as a community.|
|A Desk 4 Me||136 General Drive, Luray, VA 22835||A Desk 4 Me offers co-work offices services. Users may just need a place to work while they’re on vacation, a place for a meeting, or a desk or two for their growing business. They offer the following services: Dedicated Desk, Virtual Office, Shared Office, Hot Desking, Collaborate Space, Day Pass, Conference Room, Notary Services, and Lockers.|
|Broadway CoWorking||202 N. Main Street, Broadway, VA 22815||Broadway Coworking is for anyone who needs a quiet professional workspace. Entrepreneurs, freelance and mobile workers, inventors, designers and small businesses of various types.|
|Lexington Co-Working||7 East Washington Street, Lexington, VA 24450||Located in the heart of Downtown Lexington, this Co-Working Office provides workspaces that support and encourage getting projects done. Members can work in a professional space without all the distractions of working at home, and will not have the isolation of working alone. Memberships and non-member day passes are available.|
|Start Here!||113 W. Nelson Street, Lexington, VA 24450||The mission of Start Here! is to help businesses incubate and grow, specially tailored for pop-up retail and co-work. The co-work space offers all of the benefits of a well-equipped office, in a creative and collaborative setting, with flexible rates tailored to meet individual needs.|
|Staunton Innovation Hub||32 N. Augusta Street, Staunton, VA 24401||Staunton Innovation Hub is a coworking space in the heart of Staunton VA’s Historic District designed to reduce barriers to innovation and help small businesses succeed. They offer coworking spaces, a conference room, and private offices that are furnished and affordable. Event space also available.|
|Strasburg Co-Working||411 E. King Street, Suite A, Strasburg, VA 22657||Strasburg Co-Working is a community based work space that supports and encourages you to get that latest project done.|
|The Highland Center||61 Highland Center Drive, Monterey, VA 24465||The Highland Center accelerates the successful development of small businesses and non-profits through support services, resources, affordable space and networking opportunities. Click here for a 60-second virtual tour of the Center.|
|The Perch at Magpie||85 W. Gay Street, Harrisonburg, VA 22802||The Perch at Magpie is an inspiring work space for professionals, entrepreneurs and innovators in Downtown Harrisonburg, that encourages an organic style of collaboration and ideation, and elevates small businesses, office-independent workers, and awesome non-profit organizations.|
|Vohtr Coworking||101 W. Frederick Street, Suite 309, Third Floor, Staunton, VA 24401||A simple and affordable space in downtown Staunton with several options available: Come & Go; Reserved Desk & Key; Private Office & Key.|
Virginia Career Works Centers are your resource to starting and growing a career in the Shenandoah Valley. Whether you want to find a new job, are beginning a career path, or need to sharpen your skills, the knowledgeable and friendly team at our regional Virginia Career Works Centers can connect you with the right tools and resources.
Find a Workforce Center
1076 Jefferson Hwy, Staunton, VA 24401
Phone: (540) 887-9895
160 N. Mason Street Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Phone: (540) 433-4864
Embrace the Shenandoah Valley lifestyle while advancing your career. With major employers in higher education, health care, advanced manufacturing, information technology, and more, your talents have a home here.
Health Care & Research
- Augusta Health
- Bath Community Hospital
- Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
- Highland Medical Center
- Page Memorial Hospital
- Rockbridge Area Health Center
- Sentara RMH Medical Center
- Shenandoah Memorial Hospital
- SRI International Shenandoah Valley
- Valley Health Systems
- Virginia School for the Deaf and Blind
- Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center
- Cadence, Inc.
- ComSonics, Inc.
- Daikin Applied
- Everbrite Corporation
- Heatex America
- Hollister Inc.
- LSC Communications
- Merck & Company Inc.
- Modine Manufacturing Company
- NIBCO Incorporated
Food & Beverage
- Andros Foods North America
- Farmer Focus
- Georges, Inc.
- Hershey Chocolate of Virginia
- Howell Metal Company
- McKee Foods Corporation
- Molson Coors Beverage Company
- Perdue Farms, Inc.
- Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation
- Shamrock Farms
- Shenandoah Growers
Specialized & Higher Education
- American National University
- Blue Ridge Community College
- Bridgewater College
- Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
- Eastern Mennonite University
- James Madison University
- Lord Fairfax Community College
- Mary Baldwin University
- Southern Virginia University
- Virginia Military Institute
- Virginia School for the Deaf & Blind
- Washington and Lee University
- Wilson Workforce & Rehabilitation Center
Entrepreneurship Hubs & Start Up Successes
- Coworking Spaces
- Devils Backbone Brewing Company
- Dynamic Aviation
- Rosetta Stone
- Staunton Innovation Hub
- Staunton Creative Community Fund
Information Technology & Professional Services
- IT Decisions
- LD&B Insurance and Financial Services
- Rosetta Stone
- The Gaines Group Architects
- Valley Engineering
Logistics & Supply Chain
Job Fairs & Technical Centers
From online educational workshops to help with your job search to virtual hiring events, Virginia Career Works is your resource. Click here to view upcoming events.
Online workshops include:
- Resume Workshop
- Interview Tips
- Work Readiness Activities
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Orientation
- Virtual Services and More!
Training Providers & Technical Centers
In addition to our 11 colleges and universities, our regional Career and Technical Centers offer adult continuing education programs, trade-industry certifications, and Career and Technical Education (CTE) curricula to our local high school student populations.
- Floyd S. Kay Technical Center, Serving Rockbridge County
- Industrial Refrigeration Technical College, Serving the Shenandoah Valley and beyond
- Massanutten Technical Center, Serving Harrisonburg and Rockingham County
- Mertz Career and Technical Center, Serving Bath County
- Page County Technical Center, Serving Page County
- Triplett Tech, Serving Shenandoah County
- Valley Career and Technical Center, Serving Augusta County, Staunton and Waynesboro
- Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center, Serving people with disabilities